Nothing feels better under your feet or improves the look of your home like new carpeting. The number of people and pets in your household will determine how long your carpet looks and feels great, as everyday contaminants such as dirt, dander, hair and dust accumulate in the fibers. Bring new life back to your flooring with expert carpet care and cleaning from Dunn Restoration®.
The Benefits of a Carpet Cleaning Service
Your carpet acts as a filter, trapping airborne particles, allergens and contaminants and preventing them from recirculating through the air. Like other types of filters, it will eventually reach a saturation point. For those who suffer from allergies this is of particular concern; a carpet that can no longer filter allergens will reintroduce them with each step, reducing indoor air quality.
While routine vacuuming is essential to removing surface dirt and debris, even the most powerful household vacuum can’t remove it all. A professional cleaning gets deep down into the fibers, releasing particulates and removing them for good.
Protect Your Investment
The flooring in your home is a big investment in the health and comfort of your family. Over time the same contaminants that reside in the fibers can begin to break them down, particularly in higher traffic areas as each footstep causes friction.
An improperly maintained carpet will show wear and tear and will require replacing much sooner than one cleaned regularly, helping to protect and prolong your investment.
Six Steps to Expert Carpet Cleaning
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has set the gold standard for professional carpet care and cleaning. Dunn Restoration adheres to their principles by following the six steps listed below:
- Removal of dry soil. A deep vacuuming is performed, using agitation and high quality filters to remove a large percentage of particulate.
- Applying a preconditioning solution. This solution is designed to separate the soils from the carpet fibers.
- Agitation of the preconditioning solution. Agitation ensures maximum contact between the solution and the fibers.
- Soil removal with a hot water rinse. There is a reason that this is the most commonly used method of soil extraction – a hot water rinse is a highly effective method of soil removal. A truck mounted, high efficiency system is capable of removing both the cleaning solution and any particulates residing in your carpet.
- Grooming. Used to improve the overall appearance of your carpeting, grooming can help restore the pile and eliminate any matting.
- Drying. This is a critical step in the cleaning process, as a damp carpet can cause odors or accidents and attract soil. Most carpets take between two and six hours to thoroughly dry.
If you're looking to class up your home's interior design, picking out a beautiful area rug is a great way to do so. There are so many different kinds of area rugs to choose from that you're certain to find something that not only fits in with your home decor, but that also suits your specific tastes.
The Benefits of an Area Rug
Area rugs are quite flexible in their function as a piece of home decor. A subtle area rug can help to bring balance and harmony to a room full of design flourishes. You can also choose an area rug that is a little bolder in color and design in order to create a focal point within the room. And these are just the visual advantages of an area rug. Area rugs also provide extra comfort by giving hard floors a little bit of padding for your feet. They'll even offer warmth during the colder months of the year and can help to insulate a room.
Cleaning Your Area Rugs
Vacuuming is importance to help maintain the look of your area rug. Getting a professional area rug cleaning from Dunn Restoration® on a regular basis is important for a couple reasons:
- Area rugs tend to collect hair, food particles, dust, and dirt easily, especially if there is a lot of foot traffic in the area. If you allow dust and dirt to build up, not only will it make your area rug look dirty, it will cause wear and tear that will shorten the lifespan of your rug.
- The buildup of dust mites and microbes can cause health issues, especially for individuals that suffer from respiratory problems such as asthma.
Improve the Look of Your Home
Remember how your carpet looked the day it was installed? Its visual appeal is due largely in part to the cleanliness and fullness of the fibers. As life happens in your home, so do spills and stains in addition to foot traffic. A deep cleaning can refresh and renew the look and feel of your carpet and your home.
Not all carpet cleaning services are created equally; choose a company with a great reputation for service and excellence, and one with years of experience behind them. The professionals at Dunn Restoration Carpet Cleaning are dedicated to providing clients with superior service.